Welcome to Katie & Friends!
Making charity simple, streamlined, and impactful.
Who we are
Katie & Friends is a collective of people dedicated to helping others in the most efficient way possible. We buy essential supplies at manufacturer cost on behalf of smaller charities, whose needs vary week to week, ensuring they get the most possible out of every donated dollar, when they need it. It is our drive and passion to make sure we get the most out of every dime donated to our organization, which is why we have structured our organization to spend no less than 95% of funds on low-cost direct relief supplies. We are committed to making helping others as easy and seamless as possible because that’s the way it should be! Donating should be about giving to others, not stressing about whether or not a charity is trustworthy. We do the heavy lifting and vetting so you don’t have to.
What we do
Make donating easy
We do the hard work of finding charities that you believe in and making sure your donations go directly to supplying them with needed goods.
Get what charities need
We work with suppliers to buy products that smaller charities need, at pricing they couldn’t otherwise obtain, ensuring maximum buying power for your donations.
Create a better world
We’re striving to make a better future for everyone around us, and see to it that people get what they need without all the red tape.
Why it works
We believe that people are innately good and want to help others, but the process of donating is more difficult than it should be.
We help bridge the gap between your good will and the needs of charities by negotiating better pricing for goods and getting them to those who need it. This extends the value of each dollar given, getting not only more goods, but also making a bigger impact.
How it works
When a donation is made on our website to a specific campaign, 95% (program expense) of that money is set aside to purchase goods for that campaign at manufacturer cost. Many of the top charities have program expenses below 90%, which is still really good, but our goal is to increase other charities’ program outreach by decreasing their overhead and supply costs. This is beneficial in multiple ways:
- Large for profit companies often have excess items produced and delivered which they then have to store somewhere. We source these extra products at cost to reduce that company’s wasted space.
- Small organizations don’t have to worry about buying essential items with their own money, because we purchase things at a better price point than they or individuals can, and deliver it for free.
- Those same charities can focus more on their mission rather than on sourcing these essential items, so any money donated directly to those charities can be used for more outreach.
- Our donors’ money is extended much further than if they were to buy the same supplies and drop them off at a charity themselves. You no longer have to spend time and money and effort to find supplies, buy them (at retail price) and then find a place to drop them off.
- Our job outsources many of the logistic needs of small charities that take up time, effort, and resources at a more cost effective and efficient means, allowing those charities to focus on helping MORE people.
DISCLAIMER: Due to limited resources and current events, we only have a few campaigns featured for the year of 2020 primarily focusing on supporting charities in the greater Cleveland metropolitan area of Ohio. If you wish to find out what we do with donations, we will be publishing a monthly report on our funding and post pictures of our donations to our Instagram
We are Katie & Friends, a group dedicated to helping humanity.
We do the hard work of research and bartering so you can be happy and confident that your donations are going directly to relief and not some unknown sources.
+1 (330) 662-1852
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Katie & Friends is a registered 501(c)3 organization that relies on individual contributions to continue our mission